Monday, July 9, 2012

Analysis of Poem “A Poem For Mom”


Analysis of Poem “A Poem For Mom”

A Poem For Mom

Mother,
You are the diamond in my night,
You are the pointer when I was sad
You are the sunlight in my day,
You are the moon I see far away.
Mother,
You are the one who taught me life,
You taught me what is right.
You are the one who cares for me,
You are the eyes that help me see.
Mother,
You are my friend, my heart, and my soul
You are the greatest friend I know.
You are the words inside my song,
You are my love, my life, I love you Mom.





Analysis of A Poem for Mother


This poem consists of three rimed stanzas of five lines each. So this poem is called Quintet because each stanza consists of 5 lines. The rhyme scheme is AABB.
1.      Rhetorical language
This poem uses rhetorical languages:
a.       Personification: like You are the diamond in my night, You are the sunlight in my day, You are the moon I see far away.
b.      Repetition. There is a repetition in each stanza. The word “you” always appears in each stanza.
2.      Rhyme
The rhyme in this poem is end rhyme. The poem uses rhyme scheme: a-a-b-b;  last lines.
3.      Rhythm
As regards the rhythm, all lines are iambic (unstressed - stressed)
Lines 1, 2, 3, 4 have 4 feet and therefore are iambic tetrameters; lines 5, 6, 7, 8 also have 4 feet and therefore are iambic tetrameters.
4.      Alliteration
This poem uses the repletion of the same initial consonant sound in consecutive words. For example: You are the diamond in my night, You are the pointer when I was sad.
5.      Assonance
The similarity of sound in one line of the verse. For example: You are the sunlight in my day, You are the moon I see far away.
6.      Theme
The theme of the poem is the dedication of a mother to her daughter. She is never stopping to educate, love, entertain her daughter whenever and where ever. So as a daughter he must respect to her mother.
7.      The moral value
The moral value from the story is we should respect to our parents especially our mother because he had born us, guided, educated and made us happy. So Don’t forget her kindness.


















You are the tree I lean upon,
You are the one that makes troubles be gone.

How not to fight, and what is right.
You are the words inside my song,
You are my love, my life, my mom.

You are the one who knows me best,
When it's time to have fun and time to rest.
You are the one who has helped me to dream,
You hear my heart and you hear my screams.
Afraid of life but looking for love,
I'm blessed for God sent you from above.



No comments:

Post a Comment